Lis Kenneth Regula: father, biology professor and researcher, nonprofit administrator, and candidate for Portage County Auditor.
As auditor, Lis Kenneth Regula will streamline Portage County government.
Here are his top priorities:
- Modernization: Updating communication services for the county, so it’s up-to-date, straightforward, and accessible to all residents.
- Efficiency: Oversight of the county finances must include the auditor’s office itself. Moving toward a nonpartisan county government ensures that county fiscal officers are focused on their jobs, not distracted by politics.
- Responsiveness: Government should work for the people and county government is no different. Enacting an “open door” policy allows residents’ concerns to be heard. Holding educational community events helps people start businesses, take advantage of tax exemption programs, obtain vendor’s and dog licenses, and do other business at the auditor’s office.
A fresh perspective, with an experienced background.
The auditor oversees the county’s finances and makes sure that taxpayers’ money is spent appropriately. The job requires analytical skills, data and budget management, and collaboration with other offices and with the public. Regula’s professional background requires these same skills.
- As a researcher, he worked extensively with permits, audits, compliance practices, detailed record-keeping, and formation of best practices and protocols.
- As a nonprofit administrator and small business owner, he developed, maintained, and kept track of a careful budget while finding innovative ways to serve customers or the community.
- As a city government committee member, he learned how to collaborate with elected officials and public servants in an efficient and productive way.
Lis Kenneth Regula offers a fresh face in county government and he has the experience needed to precisely and responsibly manage the county’s finances.